Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our Home in Washington

This is our castle.
Most of these pictures were taken before we bought the house, so it isn't our furniture in the pictures. Wish it was. We decorate in the "early grad student style" of design.
This is the kids' castle.
Our garden.
The mammoth backyard. It is 8000 sq feet.--huge for Washington. There are cherry trees and blue berry bushes along the side.
My project last summer. Alex did the garden and I did the flowers. I discovered wave petunias. They are gorgeous.
The master bath. Love the tub. Wish I had more time to use it.
Looking at the front door from the dining room. There is an office with french doors to the left right before the front door. There are stairs to the right. This is the living room and dining room. Love the last supper picture on the wall. Obviously not ours.
The kitchen
Dining RoomFamily room



The Backyard. Covered deck. We love that. It is big enough for Hunter to ride his tricycle around on. Especially useful with the rainy weather here.

I discovered pansies are perennials here. These little guys bloomed all year--even in the snow. They made me happy. If anyone ever calls you a pansy, take it as a compliment. Pansies are very tough little plants.

2 comments:

Frozen Cacti said...

Well no wonder you bought that house. It is beautiful and very "you". Wish we could come visit.

P.S. The diaper bag is almost done!

Bob and Julie said...

I love your home!! It is gorgeous. I love the garden too...can't wait to see how it turns out this year!