Sunday, January 18, 2009

Monster Truck Jam

Alex took the boys to a Monster Truck Jam last night. They had a blast. It was loud and dirty.

Their favorite was the Grave Digger. We got to see it up close at the Chicago Natural History Museum a few years ago. Hunter brought his matchbox version of it to the event. Hunter took this picture.
They went with some friends of ours. As you can see, it was pretty loud.
They didn't mention to me that Friday night a 6-year-old high up in the stands was hit by a frisbee sized piece of metal that flew off one of the trucks. He died of his injuries. That would have made me a bit nervous. They pulled that particular truck from the show though, and they had a moment of silence for the boy.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I've always wanted to go to something like that, but i didn't know it could be fatal! I'm glad your boys emerged unscathed...

Frozen Cacti said...

The boys are jealous...