Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Plug for Coop Preschools



I love Hunter's preschool. I have really watched him blossom last year and this year. I am so glad I discovered coop preschools. For those of you who don't know how they work, they are organized under a community college. We actually earn a credit from the school. There is a faculty adviser for our preschool and a professional teacher. The rest of the school is run by the moms. We make up the board of directors. I am the newsletter/yearbook editor. There is a president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, etc. We make policy decisions and we also help out in the classroom generally once a week or so. It has been so fun to get to know the kids that Hunter hangs out with and their mothers. Most of them live within walking distance of us. I also love being with Hunter and seeing what he is learning. I think he feels really safe with the other mothers too, because he told me at the beginning of the year that he was okay when I wasn't at preschool because the other moms were there for him. Anyway, if you are in the market for a preschool, I would highly recommend a coop.

No comments: