Monday, October 19, 2009

Harry Potter and Hedwig

Some portraits of my cuties.  Hunter picked the theme this year.  He is, of course, Harry Potter and Lily is Hedwig.  I made both the costumes.  The owl was actually harder than I thought, but I enjoyed it.  I think making costumes is therapeutic for me.  Lily isn't too thrilled with it, especially the hat, but this may be the last year I have to decide what she wears before she insists on being a princess.  She is so cute walking around in the owl costume.  It is stuffed and she waddles around in it.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I find it interesting that you enjoy making costumes. They make me crazy. I've also decided once and for all that I don't like doing home dec sewing. I need to make some curtains for our family room, and I'll do it because I can't afford to buy them. But it will be stressful for me. I'd much rather make a bunch of bridesmaids dresses! ;)

Frozen Cacti said...

You always come up with such clever ideas for group costumes. Wish I could get the boys to go along with something like that.

Jennifer Wright said...

This may be the last year for this. I figure once Lily really starts to talk she'll want to be a princess. Maybe I can get Hunter to be a prince next year (Yeah, like that's going to happen. Not.) It's fun making princess costumes too. I did it for Megan for about 6 years in a row: Snow White, Ballet Princess, Greek Princess, Spanish Princess, Japanese Princess, ....

Nicole said...

love, love,LOVE the costumes. You have always been so talented in that area. I personally do not have the patience or talent to do that! Great pics.