Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Back.

Due to some encouragement from from friends (you know who you are), I am actually posting.  I have some cute pictures of the kids.  Enjoy.

Can you tell
Who is Who?

Give up?  I'll tell you at the end of this blog.


So long story short.  I kept this cute dress from Megan and she took such a darling picture in it.  It's like a little Alice in Wonderland outfit.  Last week I decided to get Lily's picture taken in it before she out grew it.  (She is really growing lately.  I can't keep her in clothes.)  So the photo on the right was Lily's first attempt.  (There, I just told you who was who, but they look quite similar, but have definitely different personalities.  Lily did not want to take her picture.  He didn't want to walk on the white backdrop. She clung to me sobbing, her pacifier clutched tightly in her sweaty hands.  Tears and drool graced her face, the photographer snapped this shot.  This is in fact, the only shot we took with her that day.  We rescheduled for the following week.  Same thing, gave her a bath, worked on the hair, rushed her into the car to go to the mall.  We have a portable DVD player and I let her watch Dora the Explorer when she is in the car.  We ended up bringing the thing into the studio.  The photographer suggested we leave the player on the floor in from of her.  The brought her a cool yellow chair in her size to sit on.  She wouldn't leave the chair and she spent most of the time, watching Dora, but we got some really neat shots in between scenes.

The secret behind the successful photo shoot--Dora and Diego.  She's just adjusting the volume.


The bear needed a variety of hair bows as well.  Lily was used to me styling her hair.  She kept feeling the pony tails and trying to rip them out. 




As you can see, Lily certainly has a personality.  She walks around the house in the high air voice:  "I love Hunter."  She sings the backpack song from Dora and can name all her colors.  She also counts to 12 in spanish and english.  She loves to do puzzles and is very smart.  She can bypass any of my baby safety mechanism in no time flat.  She can even us the latched with the magnets that are a pain to open.  Enjoy the pictures and I'll more up soon.  Coming Next:  Pictures of all the cousin at the Boren Family reunion in Mesa, AZ in December.

P.S. Which one is Megan?  The first one taken on a red background---13 1/2  years ago.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yay! We so enjoyed having dinner with Alex, and now new pictures too!! Thanks!

Rick said...

Even an old guy like me has to like those "fountain top" piggy tails on top of their heads.