Sunday, September 21, 2008

Waterlogged in Washington

I don't think it really hit me that I live in Seattle until yesterday. We woke up at 8 am to get ready for Hunter's 2nd soccer game and it was pouring down rain. I immediately went to the soccer website to look for the rain policy or the rain hotline. After searching for 20 minutes, it hit me. This is Seattle. They don't cancel ANYTHING for rain. Duh. So my boy played in the rain. He was soaked. Everyone was there too. No no-shows. I was hoping to go home, get dry and curl up with a good book. No such luck.

Alex had gone camping with Dylan for Scouts. They camp home soaked and muddy. We had to unpack everything and set it up in the garage to dry.

Then Alex got to change another tire in the rain. Actually it was the same tire he changed on our last camping trip. I just finally got around to fixing it on Thursday. I don't know what it is about Washington, but we have had sooo many flats here. I'm getting to know the guys at Big O tires intimately.

Finally, we decided to go to the Puyallup Fair. It was supposed to be a pretty neat affair and Megan had one of her art pieces in it. She found out when her piece was described in the Milton-Edgewood Signal, our local paper. The fair ends today so if we were going to see it, yesterday was it. I figured no one would be there because of the rain. WRONG. It was packed. There were babies too. They just covered the strollers in plastic and went on like nothing was any different. Strange place this is. Actually, the fair was rather fun. We would have stayed longer, but Megan had to get home to prepare for her first stake dance. She couldn't be rushed, you know.

No comments: