Friday, December 26, 2008

Fireproof

Alex and I braved the snow and went to see this movie this week. It was a great movie. Megan called it a "church movie, only not from our church." Alex called it a "chick flick." But I loved it. It's about saving a marriage. It had several sweet moments. Bring tissues. There was nothing bad in this movie either. It was refreshing to see that.

Ironically, the next day I went to see Nights in Rodanthe (which I loved because it took place on the Outer Banks which I miss terribly), but it was the total opposite. The lady decided to leave her marriage because she didn't feel fulfilled. Because she didn't want to work things out with her husband, she had an affair (okay, it was with Richard Gere, but still...). Now I've ruined Nights in Rodanthe for you, but I thought the juxtaposition of the two movies was ironic. The marriage in the first movie could easily have gone this same direction, but didn't. Maybe that is why our divorce rate is so high now.



The music in Fireproof is nice too. I put some of the songs on the right side of the blog at the bottom. I especially like "Love is Not a Fight."

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The only reason I would go see the Nicholas Sparks movie would be to see the beach house (which I read about) and the outer banks. I hate that he promotes the societal expectation that we should "follow our hearts" instead of working to strengthen the covenants we have already made. Believe me--I have a soapbox about that one!!