Monday, December 15, 2008

Tree Lighting Ceremony

One of the advantages of living in a small undisclosed community in the south puget sound area, is that you get to know all your neighbors and the local community workers (although they will still give you a ticket if you speed in a school zone, I've learned from painful experience.) Every year our small community has the cutest tree lighting ceremony. Santa rides through the neighborhoods on a city bus accompanied by one of the two city fire engines. Quite exciting. There is free punch and cookies. Local people perform. One of the churches has crafts for the kids to do and the highlight of the night is visiting Santa. He actually gives out pretty rocking presents--not just candy canes. We had a blast this year.

Dylan sitting on Santa's lap so he can get his present. Megan couldn't be enticed.

Lily trying to figure out just who this guy was.

Hunter sat on Santa's lap too, but we weren't quick enough with the camera.


Santa arriving via City Bus. I guess he is going green this year.
Quite an endorsement for the bus I'd say.



My brother Mike was visiting from Detroit where he is doing his internship with MIT. He got a job offer from Boeing and was kind of checking out the area (and enjoying a free trip and free cookies.)

4 comments:

Misc. Muse said...

Lucky you- little bakers to help you with all the cookies. I want to shrink mine all back down. Having an empty nest has really been a struggle for me. A big adjustment. My poor husband put up with lots of tears. But I've gaine a coup of children- no none of mine are married yet- Nathan has a girl friend, who is very sweet. Sarah has a boyfriend, I don't know him real well, is nice, a hardworker- he is on the list to get on the Laf. fire dept.
I can't believe how your kids have grown. I think all but Lilly look like you- Lilly favors dad. Lilly must be the popular name now. I have a niece Lilly too. My parrotlets name is Lilly too, I didn't name her. You can see all of us on my blog http://www.ebelcousins.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Jen, Thanks so much for the C-mas card. Looks like you had a great time. Your kids are getting so big, and BEAUTIFUL! You can check out my blog and see all of us at
thedreadfamilyroberts.blogspot.com
We are probably not going to get the cards out in time this year.

Sonya said...

How fun! I miss the small town feel :). We feel your pain with speeding tickets or Frank does...he can't seem to get ANY cops in AZ to give him a break. I used to be the unlawful one...not so now. He's been to far too many traffic schools to keep his points down :).

Nicole said...

So Jen, what is your email address so I can write you instead of leaving msg's here?

roberts_5@live.com