Friday, December 12, 2008

Dylan's 1st Trumpet Solo


Dylan began playing the trumpet at school this September. He has done quite well actually. I was a little worried when he told me he wanted to play the trumpet, but practicing hasn't been too bad. He's done so well that his teacher, Dr. Kassner asked him to do a solo during the intermission at the Holiday Jazz Night and is even going to move him up to concert band (the most advanced band) next semester. Grandpa Wright is so excited. He was a brass instrument major at the U and Dylan is the first one of his kids or grandkids to take up a brass instrument. Way to go Dylan.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Wow, he did awesome! It really is too bad he can't perform in sacrament.

Bob and Julie said...

That's awesome!! My Nathan loves the trumpet also. Whenever we finally get together, we'll have to let them do a duet or something :) We just got your Christmas card...LOVE IT!! You always do so many cute things! Thanks for keeping us on your friends list. You are wonderful friends!!

Beth 'n Chris said...

Hey, way to go Dylan. Grandpa should be most proud!

Rebecca Boren said...

Thanks for putting this on the web. I felt like I could share even though I wasn't there. I've been bragging about my grandson to everyone. Dappy